1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the Everyday Hero Contest (the “Contest”) is open to legal U.S. residents (excluding Florida, New York, Puerto Rico, and Rhode Island) who are 21 years or older at the time of entry. Employees and contractors of (“Sponsor”), Standard Heating, Cooling & Plumbing, and each of their respective affiliated companies, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees or contractors, are not eligible to enter or to win.
Nominees must be: (i) an active member of the U.S. military, (ii) an Eligible Veteran (as defined herein) of the U.S. military (with a valid Military ID or DD214 as proof of service), or (iii) a Front-line Worker (as defined herein), who is a legal resident of the United States, and are homeowners living in a single family residence with an existing forced hot air, central HVAC system, heat pump, or packaged AC system (including ductwork) located within the Prize Provider’s Serviceable Area (as defined herein). The “Serviceable Area” includes the following: Shelby and Jefferson Counties. “Eligible Veterans” means those persons who have served for the full period in which they were called and were honorably discharged, or those that were discharged early for a service-connected disability and can verify their Veteran status. “Front-line Workers” include law enforcement officers, including state troopers, deputies, security officers, school resource officers, as well as paramedics, emergency medical technicians, and firefighters (with current W2, pay stub or employment verification). Nominees shall only be eligible to receive the Grand Prize if their Residence is compliant with certain requirements, as determined by Prize Provider, which are necessary in order to have the Grand Prize installed. For all inquiries regarding Residence requirements, please visit www.callstandard.com for Prize Provider’s contact information.
3. How to Enter. The Contest will begin 12:00 a.m. (EST) on November 13, 2023 and end at 11:59 p.m. (EST) on December 1st, 2023 (the “Contest Period”). To enter, go to www.callstandard.com/giveaway during the Contest periodand complete all required information and follow all posted instructions. Submit your original essay about why the “everyday hero” being nominated deserves to win a brand new heating and air conditioning system for his/her residence. All essays must be the sole, original work of the entrant, must be typewritten or legibly printed in English, and must be limited to one hundred (100) words or less. Judges may disqualify previously published essays or those that have won previous awards or competitions.
For the avoidance of doubt, a Contest entrant may nominate him or herself. Only one (1) entry per person permitted. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected, garbled, inaudible, or illegible entries, entries that exceed the 100 word limit, or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor.Ad blocking software on your computer needs to be disabled so that it doesn’t interfere with processing your entry. By entering, you agree to receive e-mails from Sponsor or those directed by Sponsor. You can opt-out of the receipt of such e-mails by following the directions in any email received from Sponsor. All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned. Contestants acknowledge and agree that Sponsor shall have the right to edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, publish, promote, create a sound recording of, broadcast, or otherwise display or use entries in any way it sees fit without limitation or compensation to entrants. Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any entry that is alleged to infringe on any third-party’s intellectual property rights, or that Sponsor deems obscene, offensive or otherwise inappropriate for viewing by a general audience.
4. Winner Selection. A panel of qualified judges selected by Sponsor will judge all eligible entries according to the following criteria: a) NEED (25%); b) REVEVANCE (25%); and c) CONTENT (50%). The three (3) Entries with the highest scores, as determined by the Judges, shall be deemed “Finalists”, and each Finalist shall be contacted by Sponsor and/or Prize Provider in order to conduct a Home Inspection (as further described below) in order to verify that said Finalist’s Residence is eligible to receive the Grand Prize. As part of the judging process, judges may contact Nominees to request additional information in assessing if Nominee’s Residence is eligible for Grand Prize installation. In the event of a tie, tied entries will be re-judged on the same criteria listed above. Decisions of judges and Sponsor shall be final and binding in all respects. Top three (3) Nominees for home inspection will be selected on or before December 5th, 2023.
5. Home Inspection: Finalists must be available to have a Home Inspection conducted at his/her Residence by representatives of Prize Provider on or about December 5th, 2023, through December 9th, 2023. During the scheduled “Home Inspection”, Prize Provider shall conduct a walk-through of Nominee’s Residence to determine if Residence contains an existing forced hot air, central heating, ventilation and air conditioning system (including ductwork) and if Residence is compliant with current electric circuitry and building codes. If a Finalist cannot or will not make Residence available for the Home Inspection on the specified dates, or if Residence is determined by Prize Provider to be ineligible to have the Grand Prize installed (at Prize Provider’s sole determination and discretion), such Finalist will forfeit his or her spot in the Contest and Sponsor may select an alternate Finalist (time permitting), in its sole discretion.
Home Inspections and the Grand Prize are subject to availability. Sponsor and Prize Provider are not responsible for cancellation or preemption of the Home Inspection, Grand Prize installation or for other circumstances that make it impractical or impossible to fulfill these elements of the Contest. If, for whatever reason, a Home Inspection or the Grand Prize installation must be canceled or rescheduled, no compensation will be paid in lieu of any such cancellation or rescheduling.
6. Prizes and Odds. One (1) Grand Prize winner, upon proper verification, will receive a Blue Cardinal Legacy Heating and/or Cooling System at his/her Residence, including full installation (does include permits). Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of Grand Prize: $12,000 – $15,000. If actual retail value of the Grand Prize is lower than the stated ARV when prize is procured and fulfilled, then the difference will not be awarded. Installation of the Grand Prize to take place by on or about December 16, 2023, or as otherwise determined by Prize Provider, in its sole discretion. Residence owner must be present during the entire installation and at all times when a Prize Provider representative is on-site. All expenses not specifically provided for herein are the winner’s sole responsibility. Some restrictions may apply. Winner is not entitled to exchange or transfer prizes or to obtain cash or other substitutes, but Sponsor and/or Prize Provider, in their sole discretion, may substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Federal, state and local taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winner, who will receive an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the final actual value of any prize valued at $600 or more. Winner must submit a valid, executed IRS form W-9 to receive prize.
Grand Prize is subject to availability. Sponsor and/or Prize Provider are not responsible for the preemption of installation or for other circumstances that make it impractical or impossible to fulfill this element of the Grand Prize. If it becomes impractical or impossible to fulfill any element of the Grand Prize, Sponsor and/or Prize Provider’s only obligation will be to provide the remainder, if any, of the prize.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Notification and Acceptance. The winner will be notified on or about December 10th at thetelephone number or email address provided on winner’s entry form. If winners will be notified by telephone,Sponsor will call during regular business hours at number provided on entry form and will leave no messages. Failure to reach winner by phone after three (3) attempts, return of email notification as undeliverable, or failure of winner to respond to email notification may result in disqualification of winner, forfeiture of her or his interest in all prizes, and selection of a substitute winner from among all remaining eligible entries. If winners will be notified by email, return of prize notification as undeliverable, or failure of recipient to respond, may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. In the event that a selected Finalist’s Entry is deemed ineligible, fails to comply with Contest procedures, such Nominee is not available to participate in the Home Inspection during specified dates, or does not respond to Sponsor’s notification that he/she has been selected as a Finalist, then such Nominee shall be disqualified, any opportunity to be a Finalist will be forfeited, and another Nominee may be selected to be a Finalist, time permitting. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are nonassignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility/liability certifying that the entrant’s submission is entrant’s original work, that entrant owns right to the work, that the submission has not previously won an award or prize in a contest and has not previously been published, and that entrant has complied with the Official Rules of the Contest, and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) which must be returned as directed by Sponsor. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of her or his interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winner’s consent to the publication of her or his name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation the Internet, or further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
8. Participation. By participating, contestants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest at any time, for any reason. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, postage-due, misdirected or illegible entries (either photos or ballots), poor quality photos, or for failure to receive entries or votes or other electronic communications due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. The authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An “authorized account holder” shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. Any questions regarding the number of entries, or votes submitted or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
9. Copyright. By entering the Contest, each contestant grants to Sponsor an exclusive, royalty-free and irrevocable right and license to publish, print, edit or otherwise use the contestant’s submitted entry, in whole or in part, for any purpose and in any manner or media (including, without limitation, the Internet) throughout the world in perpetuity, and to license others to do so, all without limitation or further compensation. Each contestant further agrees that if his/her entry is selected by Sponsor as the winning entry, he/she will sign any additional license or release that Sponsor may require, and will not publicly perform or display her or his submission without the express permission of Sponsor.
10. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
11. Sponsor. The Everyday Hero Contest is sponsored by Standard Heating, Cooling, and Plumbing. The decisions of Sponsor and the Contest judges regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Contest. For a list of winners (available after January 31st, 2024)or a copy of these Official Rules, visit www.callstandard.com/giveaway or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Winners List/Official Rules” (as applicable), Everyday Hero Contest, 520 8th St, Birmingham, AL 35233. If you have any questions regarding this Contest, please contact email@example.com.